- This event has passed.
Course on Rights-based Approach to Food and Nutrition Security 2016
25/01/2016 @ 08:00 - 05/02/2016 @ 17:00
Centre for Development Innovation Wageningen UR is pleased to announce the organisation of the International Course on Rights-based Approaches to Food and Nutrition Security, to be held in the Netherlands from January 25 – 5 February, 2016.
This course aims to provide professionals working in food and nutrition security and interested in a rights-based approach with the knowledge, skills and motivation, to strengthen, design and implement programmes and interventions using the rights-based approach.
Upon completion of this course you will:
- have new insights about concepts and principles on human rights-based approach, Right to Food, Food and Nutrition Security and their interrelationships;
- understand the role of right holders, duty bearers and accountability agents and their main rights and obligations and responsibilities;
- have clear ideas for incorporating rights-based elements in interventions addressing food and nutrition insecurity;
- be better equipped to lobby and advocate for the Right to Food;
- know how to develop interventions.
Consult the website of the Centre for Development Innovation more information about the application procedure and costs.